Tuesday 13 February 2018

Book Review: Waer



This book intrigued me from the start and I wasn’t disappointed. I was expecting to read a story like many others I had read -the big scary wolf saving the day      stories- but I was pleasantly surprised by the different turn this book took.

The story begins with Lowell finding a girl (Lycaea) washed up on the river bank -presumed dead- while teaching his younger brother how to change and hunt. Lowell can smell that she is alive and also a fellow waer, so him and his family take her in and nurse her back from the brink of death. (Don’t worry no spoilers this happens very early in the book). My surprise with this book was the way the author betrayed waer… let’s just say they’re not your typical out of control, hiding in the woods living in caves type of waer which don’t get me wrong can also make a fantastic book but I was interesting to read a book like this one still packed with intrigue and action but with its own twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment