Sunday 20 January 2019

Book Review: Cheerleaders




In a small town five cheerleaders are found dead.

Two of them are killed in a car crash so bad first responders' can't tell which girl is which. A few weeks later two more are found dead in their home. One strangled and the other one so badly cut she bleeds to death.

Police put the murders down to a creepy neighbor and the car accident to just that, an accident.

The fifth cheerleader Jen....well everyone thinks she killed herself because she couldn’t handle her friends dying.

Five years later Jen's little sister Monica finds Jen's old cell phone in her stepdads drawer. Along with photos with handwritten notes saying ‘the neighbor didn’t do it. Connect the dots’. Monica gets in contact with a stranger that was texting her sister on the morning she killed herself. And she gets a text back....(Suspenseful music).

Pretty much Monica looks into what really happened five years ago to her sister and her friends. Everyone that she comes into contact with has some part to play. I thought I had it all figured out by chapter three but I was so wrong.


Its such a easy read and in the end I was left feeling intrigued but a little sad because sometimes the tragedies in life don’t always have a reason for happening.    

Read this book and comment below how it made you feel.


This was book 1 for the 'Reading out of my comfort zone' challenge I set myself for this year. Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/napierlibraries/ to see what I'll be reading next. Join me on my challenge and see what new books you can find! (Remember to send us a photo of what you’re reading too).

No comments:

Post a Comment